Terms and Conditions
In accordance with the provisions of Spanish Law 34/2002 of July 11 on Services of the Information Society, we hereby inform you that this site establishes the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter the “Contract”) of the User and Multilingual Education Development & Support SL website and the services that we offer.
Basic aspects you must know and understand about these Terms and Conditions
This Contract between the User (also referred to as the “Client”, “you” “your” or “yours”) and Multilingual Education Development & Support SL (also referred to as “Meddeas”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours”), registered in Spain with fiscal ID (CIF) ES-B71078950 and corporate address P.C. Galaria c/ V, Nº3, 2ºD, postal code 31191, Cordovilla. By visiting our website, subscribing to our marketing and commercial communications, and/or buying our services, you agree to be bound by them.
- 1.1 What we do: We offer services to entities and individuals both online (our website) and offline, in which we, our international subsidiaries, and other companies (hereinafter “Vendor Company(ies)”) can offer courses, materials, and other services (hereinafter “Services”). We offer a space where the Vendor Companies and you negotiate and execute transactions. As a general rule, Meddeas will not act as a Vendor Company, which means that in addition to this Contract, you may be subject to other contractual relations between different entities when interacting with our website.
- 1.2 How many contractual relations occur? Any Service that you acquire through our website is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Vendor Company. Given that Meddeas is generally not the Vendor Company, it is probable that your sales contract will be with another company. Notwithstanding, you must bear in mind that any sales contract will only link you and the Vendor Company (not Meddeas, unless we act as the Vendor Company). The Vendor Company is responsible for the sale and complaints or any subject that derives or is related to the contract between you and the Vendor Company.
- Scope of use: Our website and Services are intended for personal use, not commercial use, and not for your profit unless clearly expressed in written form. You can only access our website through standard mobile, desktop, and laptop devices use, but not through a robot, spider, offline reader, automatic search/retrieval application, or other automatic, manual devices, tools, retrieval processes, indexing, data collection from our website, via scraping or otherwise. As an exception, revocable at any point in time by us, the public search engine operator may use spiders to copy materials from the website for the sole purpose of and only to the extent necessary, to create publicly accessible searchable indices of the material, but not caches or archives of such materials.
- Prohibition of use: We reserve the right to prohibit the use of our website and Services
Standards and limitation of liability
We declare to have adopted all of the necessary technological measures, to the extent of our capabilities, to guarantee the proper functioning of our website and commit to making periodic improvements to prevent any error and/or use in content appearing on our website. Meddeas neither guarantees nor assumes responsibility for:
- 2.1 the availability or continuity of the content of our website;
- 2.2 the absence of errors in the content of our website;
- 2.3 temporary interruptions of the service, delays, errors, incorrect functioning, and in general, any other inconvenience that originates from causes that are outside the control of Meddeas and/or which are due to fraudulent or illegal use of the User and/or which are the result of force majeure;
- 2.4 the nonexistence of viruses or other elements that may cause alterations to the User’s information systems (software and hardware) or in the electronic documents and files contained in the systems;
- 2.5 the User’s use of the contents of our website in such a way that may constitute a violation of any type of regulation, were national or international, relating to intellectual or industrial property rights or any other third-party rights;
- 2.6 possible security errors that may arise or possible damage that may be caused to the User’s information system (software and hardware) or the files or documents stored in it, as the consequence of incorrect browser operation or the use of out-of-date browser versions; or
- 2.7 the state of the links contained in our website and which may lead the User to other websites managed by third parties. Meddeas is not responsible for the contents or the state of the aforementioned websites, nor does accessing these websites imply that we recommend or approve their content.
3. User Content
- 3.1 User Content: Meddeas can provide Users with diverse possibilities to upload or publish blog posts, opinions, advice, discussions, comments, messages, images, photographs, videos, audio recordings, and other content (hereinafter “User Content”).
- 3.2 Creator of User Content: If you provide User Content, you declare and guarantee that you are the creator of the User Content or if you act in the name of the creator, that you have expressed authorization and clearance to upload and publish this User Content, and that you come with all the necessary rights established in this Contract in respect to the User Content. Additionally, you declare and guarantee that sharing the User Content that you have chosen does not infringe copyright, brand, or intellectual property rights of third parties, including advertising rights and privacy, or if you act in the name of the creator of the User Content, they have declared and guaranteed the aforementioned.
- 3.3 Restrictions: You will not upload, post, or otherwise make available on our website any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights. Meddeas has no express duty or responsibility to provide you with any indications, marks, or anything else that may assist you in determining whether the material in question is subject to copyright or trademark protection. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right or any other harm resulting from such publication. Further prohibited activities that you should be aware of are set out in clause 4 below.
- 3.4 Use of the User Content: Meddeas has the exclusive and absolute right, but not the obligation, to review, edit, post, refuse to post, remove and monitor User Content. In addition, Meddeas has the exclusive and absolute right, but not the obligation, to disclose User Content and the circumstances surrounding its transmission to any third party, at any time, for any reason, including to determine compliance with this Contract and any operating rules established by Meddeas, as well as to comply with applicable law, regulations or authorized governmental requests. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to remove any material from our website. Meddeas assumes no responsibility or liability for any User Content or other information that appears on or is removed from the website or other sites. Meddeas is not obliged to use your User Content and may not use it at all.
- 3.5 Public nature of User Content: You understand and agree that User Content is public. Anyone, whether or not a user of Meddeas’ Services, may read your User Content without your knowledge. Please do not include any additional personal information or any other information in your User Content unless you want it to be publicly known. Meddeas is not responsible for the use or disclosure of any personal or other information you disclose concerning User Content.
- 3.6 License: In the relationship between you and Meddeas, you may retain all of your ownership rights to the User Content you submit or post. However, by contributing User Content or other information on or through our website, you grant Meddeas a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display, transmit, offer for sale and sell the User Content, whether or not it appears on or through our website, display, transmit, offer for sale and sell the User Content, whether such User Content appears alone or as part of other works in any form, and any media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses, all without compensation to you. The User waives any “moral rights” or other rights concerning attribution of authorship or integrity of User Content materials that the User may have under any applicable law or legal doctrine. Meddeas license to any User Content or personal information submitted includes use for promotional, advertising, marketing, market research, borrower company information, quality control, or any other lawful purpose.
- 3.7 Use of social media profiles: Meddeas’ social media profiles may include reviews, recommendations, or declarations from third parties that do not necessarily reflect the options of Meddeas or that are not indicative of its commitment to a certain line of action. The information provided by means of Meddeas’ profiles on social networks should by no means be considered equivalent to in-person professional advising. Meddeas does not assume liability for the actions of the User, who assumes full responsibility for the consequences of anything that may derive from the following:
- If information is not published or shared by Meddeas, or which has been published by a non-associated third party, and appears on its social media profiles.
- If the social media platform is not operational due to technical reasons attributable to the owner of this platform, third parties, unexpected causes, or force majeure, with these circumstances being the responsibility of the social media platform, or when applicable, the third party.
- If the social media platform modifies any of its legal notices and/or conditions of use.
4. Your obligations
- 4.1 Precise information: You guarantee that all the information offered during the purchase and/or through the contact forms during the execution of this Contract is truthful, complete, and exact, and that you will inform Meddeas about any change in said information.
- 4.2 Website content: You are responsible for making sure that all the objects, information, or Services of our website adjust to your requirements.
- 4.3 Your commitments: You commit without limit not to use or allow others to use the Services or our website:
- to upload, send or receive any material, including User Content, that is illegal, harmful, tortious, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, racist, infringing, pornographic, violent, misleading, grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or threatening, profane, or defamatory or libelous to a person or entity, in contempt of court or breach of confidence, or that infringes the rights of another person or entity, including intellectual property rights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, image rights, advertising or privacy or any rights of third parties;
- to upload, send or receive any material, including User Content, over which you have not obtained the licenses and/or necessary permits (from our part or third parties), or that constitutes or promotes conduct that can be considered a felony, give rise to civil liability, or is otherwise contrary to law or infringes the rights of any third party anywhere in the world;
- to upload, send or receive any material that harms technically (including desktop viruses, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data, malicious software, harmful data, or anything else that could interrupt, interfere with, corrupt or cause any other loss, damage, destruction or limitation of the functionality of any software or computer equipment;
- to cause discomfort, inconveniences, or unnecessary anxiety;
- to intercept or attempt to intercept any communication transmitted utilizing a telecommunications system; or
- for a purpose other than that for which we have designated it or for which we want it to be used.
- 4.4 The following are prohibited:
- Unauthorized access to any section of our website or other systems or networks connected to our website, or any Meddeas server employing hacking or falsification, password theft, or any other unlawful means;
- behaving in any way that could damage, interrupt, or cause any error in the operation of our website or a third-party device, in particular causing the unnecessary saturation of the infrastructure of our website as well as the systems and networks connected to our website;
- sending, installing, or publishing any harmful program, virus, or file collecting, disseminating or supplying third parties with the personal information of other users; or
- reproducing, distributing, or manipulating the content of our website without the express written permission of Meddeas.
5. Suspension and cancelation
- 5.1 If you or anyone other than you, but with your permission, uses the Services or our website in contravention of this Contract, we may suspend your use of the Services and/or our website, in whole or in part.
- 5.2 If we suspend the Services or our website, we may refuse to reinstate the Services or our website until we receive assurances from you, in a form acceptable to us, that there will be no further breaches of the provisions of this Contract.
- 5.3 Meddeas will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Meddeas to disclose the identity or locate anyone who breaches this Contract.
- 5.4 We are entitled immediately or at any time, without anything in this clause 5 to the contrary (in whole or in part), to i) suspend the Services and/or our website; ii) suspend your use of the Services and/or our website; iii) suspend the use of the Services and/or our website by persons we believe to be connected (however connected) with you; and/or iv) terminate this Contract immediately if:
- you breach this Contract in any way;
- we have reasonable suspicion that you have breached, may breach, or are about to breach this Contract;
- we have reasonable suspicion that you may have committed or are committing fraud against us or another person.
6. Confidentiality and data protection
8. Links from and to other websites
Meddeas does not control the content, conditions of use, or practices of third-party websites, nor does it assume responsibility for them.
The User acknowledges and accepts that Meddeas is not responsible for the availability of other third-party websites and does not guarantee or assume any type of responsibility for damages incurred due to access to third-party content by means of the possible connections, ties, or links of websites to which our website links.
The function of such hypertext links or technical linking devices (such as links, banners, or buttons), depending on the case, is exclusively that of informing Users of the existence of other sources of information or other Internet services or content. Under no circumstances will Meddeas be held responsible for results obtained through these hypertext links or technical linking devices (links or buttons) or for the consequences derived from their access by Users (linked websites). This third-party content is provided by these third parties, and as such Meddeas is unable to control the lawfulness of such content or the quality of the services offered in it. Meddeas does not offer or sell, of its own accord and/or by means of third parties, the information, content, and services available on linked websites, nor does it approve, supervise, or control in any way the content and services or any type of materials of any nature that exist on these linked websites, with the User assuming full and exclusive responsibility for browsing on these websites.
Furthermore, the inputting of hypertext links or technical linking devices (links, banners, or buttons) for business purposes on webpages not related to Meddeas permitting access to the present domain is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of Meddeas. Under no circumstances will the existence of such hypertext links imply the existence of trade or business relations with the owner of the website from which the hypertext link originates, nor does it imply Meddeas’ acceptance of the content or services of that website. Under all circumstances, Meddeas reserves the right to prohibit or deactivate at any time any hypertext link or technical linking device (links, banners, or buttons) linking to its website, especially in the event of the illegality of the activity or contents of the website in which the hypertext link or technical linking device is contained.
9. Intellectual and Industrial property
All of the rights over the intellectual and industrial property, as well as overall information contained on our website (images, brands, graphic designs, source code, design, browsing structure, databases, and any other content appearing on it), are exclusively owned by Meddeas, or when applicable, are duly licensed by the owner.
The names of other products, the Services, and companies that appear in this document or on our website may be brands or distinctive markings registered by their respective legitimate owners, without this implying that access to our website by the User grants the latter any right over the aforementioned brands or registered distinctive markings.
The User is only authorized to view and obtain a private temporary copy of the content for their exclusive private and personal use on their information systems (software and hardware), under the condition that this content is not subsequently transferred to third parties. Subject to the prior exceptions, the User is expressly prohibited from doing the following: reproducing, transforming, distributing, publicly communicating, making available, extracting, reusing, resending, or using, in any way, utilizing any medium or procedure, any of this content, except in the cases that are legally permitted or have been expressly authorized in writing by Meddeas and/or the owner of the corresponding rights. For information purposes but not exclusively:
- 9.1 The User is not authorized to use the information on our website to carry out business or professional activities (direct sales or any other business purpose as well as the commercialization of this information in any way);
- 9.2 the User is not authorized to remove, ignore or manipulate the “copyright” or any other protection mechanisms; and
- 9.3 the User is not authorized to disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the databases in which the website’s information is stored. The unauthorized use of the information contained on our website, its resale, as well as any breach of the industrial and intellectual property rights of Meddeas, will give rise to the liabilities established by the law.
If the User sends information of any type to Meddeas utilizing the channels enabled for this purpose, the User declares, guarantees, and accepts that they have the right to do so, that they are not infringing on any intellectual or industrial property rights, business secrets, or any other third-party rights, and that said information is not confidential.
If the User is aware of the existence of any content that is illicit, illegal, contrary to the law, or which could constitute an infraction in terms of intellectual and/or industrial property rights, they must immediately inform Meddeas of this fact via the email address email@example.com.
All notifications and communications (hereinafter “Notifications”) from the User to Meddeas are considered effective, for all effects, when they are carried out utilizing the forms for this purpose on our website, as are notifications and communications when they are sent via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, all Notifications from Meddeas to the User are considered to have been effectively carried out if they were executed using the data provided by the User, with consent, and employing any legally valid communication medium. To this effect, the User acknowledges and guarantees that all of the data provided is accurate and correct and that they will keep it duly updated.
11. Duration and termination
The existence of our website as well as the provision of the Services offered by us has, in principle, an indefinite duration. Nonetheless, Meddeas is authorized to cancel or suspend the provision of the aforementioned Services and cancel our website at any time. Whenever reasonably possible, Meddeas will inform users in advance regarding the termination or suspension of the website as well as the Services offered on it, where applicable.
12. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Any dispute related to the use of Meddeas website will be governed by Spanish law, and the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Pamplona will have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes that may arise or proceedings that may be lodged as a result of the provision of the Services and/or the content on our website, as well as around the interpretation, expansion, compliance and/or non-compliance of that which is established here, except in the event that any other imperative regulation was to establish a different jurisdiction.
The present Legal Notice and Conditions of Use were last updated on 31/08/2021. © Meddeas. All rights reserved.
Terms of Sale of Multilingual Education Development & Support SL
- These Terms of Sale apply to all the TEFL courses that you acquire.
- By Multilingual Education Development & Support SL (also referred to as “Meddeas”) registered in the Mercantile Register of Navarre, with corporate registration information tomo 1598 libro 0 folio 107 hoja NA-31714 Inscrip. 1, and corporate address P.C. Galaria c/ V, Nº3, 2ºD, postal code 31191, Cordovilla. The fiscal ID (CIF) ES-B71078950.
- TEFL course (hereinafter “Service”) means an electronic instrument, which entitles the holder thereof (hereinafter “Client”) to the provision of the Service (hereinafter “Provision”) by the Vendor Company during the valid period of time indicated in the Service.
- The Vendor Company’s Provision consists of the Service to be delivered and/or provided by the Vendor Company, as specified on the Meddeas website and email communications.
- The Vendor Company that is not a part of Meddeas, and that delivers and/or supplies the Provision and authorizes Meddeas to issue, sell and deliver a Service for and on behalf of the Vendor Company. The contract for the supply of the Provision of the Vendor Company will be between the Client and the Vendor Company with which the Client redeems the Service and Meddeas shall conclude the contract on behalf of and as a commercial agent for the Vendor Company in all cases.
- These Terms of Sale were last updated on 31.08.2021. Meddeas, as a commercial agent of the Vendor Company, reserves the right to modify unilaterally these Terms of Sale at any moment. All the corrections of this Terms of Sale will be published online. The Client is only subject to the Terms of Sale accepted at the moment the Client acquires the Service.
- The prices payable for the Service are clearly set out on the Meddeas website
- The price charged for any Service may differ from one country to another.
- Prices are inclusive of any applicable value-added tax or other sales tax.
- If by mistake, Meddeas has underpriced a Service, Meddeas will not be liable to supply that Service to the Client at the stated price, provided that Meddeas notifies the Client before the Provision.
- Any detail given by Meddeas in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- The Client will pay all sums due to Meddeas under this Contract by the means specified without any set-off, deduction, or counterclaim.
- All monies paid by the Client to Meddeas after the Provision by the Vendor Company are non-refundable and cancellation and/or termination of this Contract by the Client or Meddeas at any time for any reason will not entitle the Client to a refund of monies paid. The client may, however, be entitled to a refund if the Provision by the Vendor has not occurred yet.
Redeeming the Service
- Unless explicitly expressed otherwise:
- The Service can only be redeemed once;
- the Service can only be redeemed with the Vendor Company, and not Meddeas
- the Service is only valid for one person; and
- the Client must follow the instructions indicated by Meddeas through electronic communications and those indicated by the Vendor Company.
- All the Services sold by Meddeas are Services with a single purpose and can only be effective with and by the Vendor Company.
Use of the Service
- Any purchase of the Service is intended for personal use, not commercial.
- The Client commits not to provide false data, including names, addresses, and/or details of contact or payment; not to initiate an illegal activity in connection with the purchase and use of the Service; and not to allow someone else to do so.
- Copying the Service is prohibited.
Right of withdrawal
- The Client has the right to withdraw from the purchase of the Service within the 14 natural days following the reception of the email confirmation of the purchase (hereafter “Withdrawal Period”). Notwithstanding, if the Client effectuates the Service during the Withdrawal Period, the Client acknowledges to forfeit the right to withdraw from the purchase of the Service. Once the Service has been used, Meddeas, acting for and on behalf of the Company Vendor, will have completed the issuance, sale, and delivery of the Service concerning the Client in full.
- If the Client wishes to withdraw from the purchase of the Service, the Client must contact Meddeas at email@example.com.
- If the Client withdraws from the purchase of the Service pursuant to this section 5, Meddeas, acting on behalf of and for the account of the Vendor Company, will refund all payments made as part of the Clients’ purchase within 14 calendar days of the day on which the Client informs Meddeas of the withdrawal.
- Before acquiring any Service, the Client will be informed of the Withdrawal Period. Without prejudice to the Service Withdrawal Period, if the User has not been able to redeem the Service before the end of the Withdrawal Period without the Client’s fault, the Client may request a refund. In order to receive such a refund, the Client must prove to Meddeas reasonable satisfaction that the inability to redeem the Service is not due to any fault of the User.
- If the Client uses the Service, but the Vendor Company does not properly provide the Client with the Provision, or if the Client has a complaint regarding the execution of the Provision, the client must take action directly against the Vendor Company. This is because the Vendor Company, and not Meddeas, is responsible for supplying and/or providing the Service. Meddeas only sells and delivers the Service acting on behalf of and for the account of the Vendor Company. However, if the Client and the Vendor Company do not agree on how to resolve the complaint, Meddeas, on behalf and for the account of the Vendor Company, may, at the Client’s request, attempt to help resolve the problem.
- The Clients who redeem their Service upon reception of any services shall also have the right of withdrawal from their purchase if the Client has purchased such products or services with legal tender, in accordance with the provisions of Article 68 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November. This right of withdrawal does not apply in all cases, not being particularly applicable in the cases provided for in Article 103 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November, approving the revised text of the General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users.
Responsibility of the suppliance
- Take into consideration that the Vendor Company, and not Meddeas, is:
- The provider and/or executor of the Provision;
- The party that the Client is hiring when the Service is redeemed; and
- The sole responsible of providing the Client the Provision offered.
Rights of reception of the service and standards of Meddeas
- If the Client redeems the Service, the Vendor Company shall be liable for any lack of conformity that becomes apparent within two years of delivery, in accordance with the provisions of Article 123.1 of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users.
- The Vendor Company shall also be obliged to provide adequate technical service and support as well as to guarantee the availability of replaceable services for a minimum period of 5 years from the date on which the Service ceased to exist. The Client shall have a period of 3 years from the time of delivery to bring any action against the Vendor Company with respect to the Service.
- Other than as set out in paragraph 7.2, Meddeas is not liable for any loss or damage you may suffer, including any indirect or consequential loss.
- Meddeas, as a commercial agent, commits to:
- to apply reasonable care and skill in performing its obligations under these Terms of Sale;
- to deliver the Services with satisfactory quality and fit for purpose; and
- not to contravene the requirements of good faith or professional diligence in all that it does.
- Meddeas does not guarantee that the Service is complete, fit for purpose, or legal. Meddeas is not responsible for the quality, security, usability, or any other aspect of the Provision.
- Meddeas is not liable for any failure to perform any obligation under these Terms of Sale where it is hindered or prevented from performing its obligations by any cause beyond reasonable control.
- If the Client breaches the Terms of Sale and Meddeas does not take any action against the Client, this will not mean that Meddeas has waived its rights and remedies in respect of the Clients’ breach. Meddeas may still take action or exercise its rights and claim damages for these events, or for any other situation in which you have breached your obligations under these Terms of Sale.
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms of Sale, notices between the parties shall be in writing and shall be delivered by email (unless the Client sends Meddeas notice in connection with a legal proceeding). Any notice Meddeas sends to the Client will be sent to the address the Client provided to Meddeas when the Client completed the purchase. The client may send any communication to Meddeas at the address outlined in Section 1.
- If any provision of these Terms of Sale is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Sale shall not be affected. Such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes as close as possible to the economic effect contemplated by the invalid or unenforceable provision.
- These Terms of Sale are governed by and construed in accordance with Spanish law. The Spanish Courts and Tribunals of the city of Pamplona will have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes that may arise.