Opportunities in Spain for Qualified English Teachers
Every year more schools all over the world look for a native or native-level English teacher not only to help their students with the pronunciation and language skills, but also to promote a real cultural immersion and knowledge of their countries. In the current setting, teaching abroad opportunities have increased.
When considering teaching jobs abroad, hundreds of qualified Irish and British teachers finally decide to come to Spain. Salaries in both public and private schools are set by the government. Other European countries might offer higher salaries for teacher jobs, but due to our quality of life, unique culture (and weather!), and cheaper cost of life compared to the UK or Ireland, this decision is worth it.
- To be an English, French or German native OR native level speaker (C2).
- To have a recognized Qualified Early Years, Primary or Secondary Teacher Status in an EU country or to be able to obtain it before the first teaching day.
- To be an EU citizen or to have a valid EU working visa.
- Previous teaching experience is valued, but not required.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you might be interested in becoming a Meddeas Language Assistant instead.
Selection Process with Meddeas
Meddeas carries out bilingual and native teachers’ selection processes for Kindergarten (2 -5 year olds), Primary (6-12 year olds) and Secondary (13-18 year olds) private and grant-maintained schools all over Spain. If you want to teach English in Spain in a school as a main teacher, you must have a recognized Qualified Early Years, Primary or Secondary Teacher Status in an EU country or to be able to obtain it before the first teaching day.[/fusion_text][fusion_text]Therefore if you are looking for school jobs in Spain, you cannot opt to be a main teacher in any of these cases:
- If you are not an EU citizen or you don’t have a valid EU working visa. It is almost impossible to get a working visa to become a school teacher in Spain, except if your family is already living in Spain.
- If you don’t hold a degree or a postgraduate diploma in Education obtained in a European university.
Due to data protection and confidentiality policies we don’t post all vacancies in recruitment sites and publications. If you think you meet the aforementioned requirements, please download our application form, fill it out, and send it together with your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org