You will be a language and cultural ambassador in a public school in the Community of Madrid (Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid) and therefore help the English department improve the language skills of their students and staff.
What does it mean to teach English as a language assistant? You could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of your own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role, thus you aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
- Positions managed by the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (regional Government)
- Schools placed in rural and pueblo locations in the Madrid Area
- 8-month placements (November 2nd to June 30th)
- Paid school holidays (Christmas, Easter, and local festivities), except for the summer period
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days a week
- Stipend: 1,000 €/month
- Activities will be held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers